Sunday, January 2, 2011

How I got here ...

As a pending graduate of Clayton College of Natural Health, I am my own test case, my own example of how commitment and determination yield to success.  It was about this time, two years ago - Jan 2009, I was stressed out from work, attempting to keep up with my studies, and family commitments of the three men in my life - my husband and two boys.  I weighed at the top I had ever been - 172 pounds  - and was dealing with arthritis in my left shoulder.  Something had to give and I was hoping is was not me. 

Everything to me is a project, always has been. I am a certified Project Management Professional (PMP #3921 out of over 360,000) through the Project Management Institute since 1995.  My present work is specifically software projects, solution implementation - but I have done many varied projects other than software and IT:
  • Residential and Commercial Construction
  • Land development and management
  • Legal Systems
  • Insurance Claims
  • Anti Money Laundering programs
  • Office Relocation/Build Outs/Space Planning
  • Pharmaceutical Drug/Therapy development/Clinical Trials
I even Project Managed my two pregnancies - and that was as challenging as putting in a corporate financial data warehouse I assure you!

As good as I was in my studies, I found application of all of the natural health knowledge challenging - all theory, all information but no practice. Two months later during one of the scheduled weekly seminar calls, I listened intently to one of our MD Professors talk about detoxification and cleansing each spring.  Pieces started to click, but it did not stick entirely.  As per the seminar, two additional books were recommended to help with the detoxification and cleansing process, both by Dr. Elson Haas - The New Detox Diet and The False Fat Diet. www.elsonhaas.com/books.html  After reading those two books, the assimilation of all I had learned at that time, flooded my brain and all I could think of what how to apply it in a repeatable, successful manner. 

Over the next month and half from that call, I designed the Detox Cycling and Maintenance Program and enlisted 3 friends to join me. At my one year anniversary of the program - I had lost 32 lbs in one year and have kept it off.  My three friends lost between 20-35 lbs as well.  I am presently adjusting the maintenance segments from what I have learned since and am fine tuning the cycling steps and will be ready to share this at the two year anniversary of my Eureka! May 23, 2011 it will be 'ready for primetime'.

In this program, each individual is given specific attention, just like one of my projects - detailed, supportive and goal oriented. Your success is my success and just like any successful project manager - we are in the background while the results are in the forefront for all to see!

If you want to try it now - email me and you will be one of the first to experience the improvements and simplicity introduced into the program.

Make 2011 the year you say "I want to be the next great project" - and make the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment